What are the benefits of a Workplace Wellness Program?
We believe that a productive company starts with strong, healthy employers that encourage a preventative approach to health and wellness for their staff. Beyond individual health, engaging in healthful behaviors can boost employee morale, productivity, employee retention, and overall profit.
Taking advantage of programs offered will help your employees succeed during work hours, while also providing more energy and patience for your home life.
Statistically, a typical employee loses 115 hours of productivity each year due to health conditions. A majority of this loss occurs on the job. Absenteeism due to stress increases with total cost to employers seen in lost productive time.
For many companies, medical costs can consume half (or more) of company profits.
- Chronic diseases, related to lifestyle behaviors, account for 70% of the nation’s medical costs. Health benefits experts estimate that the costs of employer-provided health and dental benefits are rising at a rate of 15 to 20% per year.
- One-quarter of adults aged 45 and older report that their physician has diagnosed them with high blood pressure; one in 20 Americans has been diagnosed with diabetes by a health professional.
- 58 percent of workplaces rate the quality and quantity of physical activity opportunities, programs, and facilities that are available to employees as poor, yet two-thirds of employees have little or no input into the development of physical activity policies, programs, and opportunities.
- 33 percent of Americans view affordable supportive services as very important and rate “help in planning their daily schedule to include some physical activity” and “professional help in choosing what types of activities are best for them” as very important.
Why should my business sign up for corporate gym membership?
Companies who approach business memberships as an investment rather than a cost realize greater success and lower failure costs in obtaining returns on such programs. The results include:
- Increase in productivity, energy, and creativity.
- Increase in employee’s mental focus, clarity, endurance, and attention to detail.
- Increase in employee’s production and job execution.
- Improvement in company moral.
- Significant reduction in absenteeism from injuries and illness.
- Measurable reduction in insurance claims and premiums.
- Reduction in employee turnovers.
- Increase in staff retention, longevity, and company satisfaction.
- Increase in employee’s overall quality of life, through the proven benefits gained physically, psychologically, and emotionally through health and fitness.
- Retained vision, teamwork, and cohesiveness of employees.
- Increase in potential for recruitment
If your company does not have an employee wellness program, let’s get you signed up! Contact your human resources department or, if you have access, go straight to the top, your president or Chief Executive Officer. We’ll help you design a program to maximize participation and then help introduce it to your workplace.
For more information, please contact:
Still not sure? Try us out!
Visit us at the front desk to grab your 7-day free pass.
Companies Who Offer the Business Membership Option
City of Pekin
Faith Baptist Christian School
Good Shepherd Lutheran School
Illinois American Water Company
Illinois Corn Processing
Illinois State Police
Iron Workers Local #112
North Pekin Marquette Heights School
Pal Health Technologies
Pekin Rankin School
Pekin School District 108
Pekin School District 303
South Pekin School
St. Joseph Catholic School
Tazewell County Farm Bureau